Keynote presentations and hands-on workshops about content strategy, writing, and UX design
I deliver practical insights and hands-on training on topics like clarity, creativity, content strategy, user experience design, and information architecture.
My decks are packed full of ideas and inspiration, not text, and there's always something for your audience to reference, think on, and work with long after the event.
My speaking style is candid and conversational. I talk like a normal person, not a "thought leader" or motivational speaker.
I would love to keynote your event, deliver an in-house workshop, guest on your podcast, or visit your classroom or meetup group.
Recent presentations and workshops
- Brainstorming Is Broken - Brainstorming sucks. But it doesn't have to.
- Build Your Digital Writing Toolbox - Tips and tools for today's digital writer.
- Clarity Through Content Strategy - Clarity is a content strategist's best friend.
- Communicating Change - Change is a feature. How are you communicating about it with your users?
- Content Ecosystem Maps - Reduce content chaos and create alignment by mapping your organization's true content reality.
- Dear User: Let’s Be Friends - Designing friendlier interfaces with lessons from Dale Carnegie.
- How to Get the Writing Done - Writing for design is different than writing work emails. Learn how your team can get the writing done.
- Practical Content Strategy - How to get the work done as a content strategist.
- User-Centered Content Strategy - Simple, practical, immediately-usable ways to focus more on users in your content work.
- What Even Is a Website? - Not everyone on your team thinks about the website in the same way. This is a problem.
Looking for something custom? Just let me know!
Invite Scott to speak
Reach out and say hello. Tell me about yourself, your team, and your timeline. I am currently scheduling new public and private training, workshops, and talks. I'd love to hear from you.
- February 7: Interaction 19 | How to Get the Writing Done (breakout)
- February 19: GatherContent Webinars | How to Get the Writing Done (free webinar)
- April 24: Confab: The Content Strategy Conference | User-centered content strategy (workshop)
I've delivered 60+ breakout sessions, meetup presentations, professional development workshops, and keynote talks since 2010, as well as dozens of design and alignment workshops for clients.
Here are a few highlights:
- Minneapolis Interactive Marketing Summit (MIMA) 2018 | Workshop
- Confab 2018 | Breakout + Workshop
- Now What? Workshops | Workshop
- World Information Architecture Day Des Moines 2018 | Keynote Speaker
- World Usability Day at UMN | Mainstage Speaker
- Information Architecture Summit 2016 | Pre-Conference Workshop
- MinneWebCon 2016 | Breakout Session
- HighEdWeb Michigan 2014 | Keynote Speaker
- Midwest UX 2014 | Pre-Conference Workshop