Inspiration, tools, and frameworks your team can use right now.
Whether it’s a conversation-changing keynote, tactical breakout session, or hands-on interactive workshop, I focus on making complex design, content, and strategy topics more accessible.
My speaking style? Candid and conversational. I talk like a normal person, not a “thought leader” or motivational speaker.
My decks are packed full of ideas and inspiration, not text, and there’s always something for your audience to apply as soon as they get back to their desks.
I would love to keynote your event, deliver an in-house training or workshop, chat on your podcast, or visit with your meetup group.
Add Scott to Your Event
Things I’ll be eager to hear about: date, location or online format, ticket prices, confirmed speakers, speaker/travel budget, and any information regarding your commitment to diversity, inclusion, and creating a safe experience for all involved.
A few examples to give you an idea of my speaking style. All of my current presentation decks are built with hand-illustrated slides to bring a personal touch.
Interactive presentations and skills training on UX and content strategy topics including:
- UX writing foundations
- Content strategy foundations
- User-centered content planning
- Content testing and evidence-based writing
- Mapping content ecosystems
- Better writing workflows
- Communicating product changes to users
All training topics can be facilitated online or in-person.
Expert-facilitated workshops to help your digital strategy leaders:
- Create a content strategy framework
- Articulate product vision and voice
- Roadmap and prioritize strategic initiatives
- Establish content governance best practices
- Reimagine how content and design can work together
Stop spinning your wheels and get the clarity you need to move forward. Most workshops can be completed in just one or two days.
Memorable conversation starters for any business or marketing event.
- Creating Clarity (what clarity really means, why it matters, and how to achieve it)
- What Even is a Website? (everyone in your org thinks about the website differently)
- Dear User: Let’s Be Friends (lessons from Dale Carnegie for service and experience design)
- Brainstorming is Broken (better approaches to ideation and creativity)
- How to Get the Writing Done (there’s more to writing than writing)
These are just some of my current topics and presentations. Looking for something custom? Let me know!
Events and Organizations
I’ve been lucky enough to lead talks, trainings, or in-house workshops for these organizations and many more.
- AIGA Design Camp
- American Advertising Federation
- American Society of Safety Professionals
- Berghs School of Communication
- Bern and Zurich UX Writing
- Button: The Content Design Conference
- College of American Pathologists
- Confab: The Content Strategy Conference
- Content Design España
- Content Design New York
- Content Marketing Atlanta
- Content Strategy Canberra
- Content Strategy Minneapolis / St. Paul
- Content Strategy Seattle
- Des Moines Agile
- Gather Content
- The Getty & Getty Research Institute
- Harvard University
- Hogan Assessments
- Information Architecture Summit
- Interaction Conference (IxDA)
- International Association of Business Commnicators (IABC)
- Iowa Arts Council
- The IRS
- Midwest UX
- Minneapolis Interactive Marketing Summit (MIMA)
- Mizzou (The University of Missouri)
- Now What? Workshops
- Object-Oriented UX Happy Hour
- Plain Language Summit
- Prime Academy
- Principal Financial Group
- PUSH UX Conference (Germany)
- Quarantine Book Club
- Rocket Mortgage / Quicken Loans
- Schibsted Inspiration Fest
- School of Visual Concepts (Seattle)
- Securian Financial
- United Educators
- Utterly Content Global
- UX Lisbon (UXLx)
- World Information Architecture Day
- World Usability Day
Impressive, right? Book a chat and add your organization’s name to this esteemed list.