Hey there! I'm Scott Kubie, a content strategist and designer based in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
I'm currently working as a Senior Content Strategist on the Brain Traffic team.
I use writing, modeling, and editorial strategy to design digital products and services, and coach teams on how to do the same.
The focus of my practice is clarity. People are resourceful and can adapt to all kinds of situations, be it not enough money, people, time, or even skill. But there’s not any getting around clarity. The techniques I teach and workshops I facilitate will help you clarify your vision, voice, mission, message, targets, and tone.
I've spoken and led workshops for many great clients and community events including the Information Architecture Summit, the Housing Iowa Conference, the Web Conference at Penn State, the Iowa Arts Council, the University of Illinois Web Conference, Confab, and MinneWebCon.
Oh, and I'm one of the Mug Bums.
Some things I've written, made, or been featured in:
- Gather Content: Clarity Through Content Strategy
- Gather Content: How to make your team hate writing for you
- Blaze Content: Q&A: Scott Kubie on Content Strategy, UX, and Design (interview)
- College Web Editor: Meet #hewebMI conference keynote: Scott Kubie on content strategy, dead content & #highered websites (interview)
- 10,000 Words: How To Use Storify To Make An Interactive Resume (interview)
- Insight on Business: It's Something But Not Brainstorming (radio interview)
- Design Like a Content Strategist (Slideshare presentation)
- Build Your Digital Writing Toolbox (Slideshare presentation)
- Ignite Ames: Brainstorming is Broken (video)
- The Flyover Effect (design podcast - producer and host)