Hello! I'm Scott Kubie, a designer and public speaker specializing in content strategy and user experience design.
People turn to me when they need to make sense of complexity and decide what to do next. I use writing, modeling, and editorial instincts to design products, clarify strategies, and improve digital experiences.
As a regular speaker at web and UX conferences, I deliver engaging and practical sessions on clarity, creativity, collaboration, and content strategy. I've spoken and led workshops for great clients and communities including the Information Architecture Summit, the Web Conference at Penn State, the Iowa Arts Council, the University of Illinois Web Conference, Confab, and MinneWebCon.
I'm currently a Senior Content Strategist at Brain Traffic, a content strategy consultancy in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Some things I've written, made, or been featured in:
- The Situation Analysis: How to Put Your Research to Work (article)
- UX in 2018: Content (article)
- Build Your Digital Writing Toolbox (interview)
- How to Plan and Run a Content Strategy Alignment Workshop (article)
- Dear User: Let's Be Friends (article)
- The 7x77 Project (ongoing weekly newsletter)
- An Introduction to Content Ecosystem Maps (article)
- What to Include in a Content Ecosystem Map (article)
- Human in the Machine: Scratchpad (article/poem)
- Clarity through content strategy (article)
- How to make your team hate writing for you
- Q&A: Scott Kubie on content strategy, UX, and design (interview)
- Meet #hewebMI conference keynote: Scott Kubie on content strategy, dead content & #highered websites (interview)
- How to use Storify to make an interactive resume (interview)
- Insight on Business: It's something but not brainstorming (radio interview)
- Design like a content strategist (Slideshare presentation)
- Build your digital writing toolbox (Slideshare presentation)
- Ignite Ames: Brainstorming is broken (video)
- The Flyover Effect (design podcast - producer and host)