Scott Kubie grew up in rural Nebraska, and studied electronic media and journalism at Drake University. He’s been focused on the content side of digital experiences since 2009.
He’s led over 80 talks and workshops for international audiences, as well as dozens of on-site training events for clients including Harvard, The Getty, and the IRS.
Scott founded and organized three World Information Architecture Day events in Des Moines. He’s volunteered with numerous design industry events, including leading content strategy for the 2014 Information Architecture Summit.
Before tech, Scott was a founding board member and later executive director of the non-profit Greater Des Moines Music Coalition, where he helped launch events such as the 80/35 Music Festival. He’s also worked as a coworking space owner, overnight rock radio DJ, camera operator for hockey and horse racing, and purveyor of vintage menswear.
Scott lives in the Southwest of the United States and enjoys biking, running, and playing guitar.
Scott Kubie’s Book: Writing for Designers
Scott is the author of Writing for Designers, a brief book about how to get the writing done on web and digital projects. A Book Apart published the book in 2018, and makes it available in print and ebook editions, as well as for Apple’s iBooks.
Interviews and Media featuring Scott Kubie
- Thriving in a design team as a designer who writes | Content Design Podcast
- Every Word Matters: Scott Kubie, Brain Traffic (interview blog)
- User Defenders 059: Writing for Designers with Scott Kubie(podcast)
- The Write Stuff: Episode 3 | Blurt.App (video podcast)
- Get to Know Scott Kubie | A Book Apart
- Scott Kubie’s new book “Writing for Designers” explains how to get writing done on design projects | Clay & Milk
- Scott Kubie and Content Ecosystems | The Content Strategy Podcast
- UX in 2018: Content | UX Booth
- Build Your Digital Writing Toolbox | Blend Interactive blog
- Content Strategy, In Their Words | Antics in Semantics blog
- Q&A: Scott Kubie on content strategy, UX, and design | Blaze Content blog
- Meet #hewebMI conference keynote: Scott Kubie on content strategy, dead content & #highered websites | College Web Editor
- Insight on Business: It’s something but not brainstorming | Insight on Business