It seems it’s going to be a very busy year for me! I left my job as a Staff Content Strategist at Mailchimp at the end of January without much of a plan, other than to spend less time on Zoom calls and more time working on whatever the heck I want.
It’s been a great choice for me for many reasons, one of which is that it’s been easier to simply say “Yes!” to fun opportunities. And I’ve been saying yes a lot, which means my calendar is filling up fast. So — for my own sanity, primarily — I’m going to take a minute here to do what content strategists do best: create an inventory.
Utterly Content Global
I’ll be leading a fast-paced micro-workshop to introduce my content ecosystem mapping process as part of the free workshops on offer from Utterly Content.
- Where: Online
- When: Monday, February 28, 2022
- Host: Utterly Content
- Session: Introduction to Content Ecosystem Mapping workshop
- Registration: Workshop tickets are free. They also have a great paid program for around $600 USD.
Object-Oriented UX Happy Hour
I got to chat with Sophia Prater recently on her OOUX podcast (episode coming soon) and we had so much fun we decided to carry it over to happy hour! I’ll be doing a live demonstration of my ecosystem mapping technique using Sophia’s OOUX universe as an example topic.
- Where: Online
- When: Thursday, March 3, 2022
- Host: OOUX Happy Hour
- Session: Content Ecosystem Mapping with Scott Kubie
- Registration: RSVP is required, and the group charges a nominal fee to reduce no-shows ($5 USD).
Content Career Accelerator
This is a brand-new program I’m launching this year to help people feel inspired and motivated to move forward in their content careers. It will run for six weeks, with 5 live workshops, a 1-on-1 with me, and optional small-group sessions and activities.
- Where: Online
- When: First session begins Tuesday, March 8, 2022
- What: The Content Career Accelerator
- Registration: Applications are open now through March 4. Accepted applicants can register at the introductory price of $495 USD.
SVC Content Strategy Fundamentals Workshop
If you’re just feeling “ack!” about the whole content field and not sure where to start, start here. This workshop gives you a solid foundation to continue navigating and finding your place in the industry.
- Where: Online
- When: A two-part workshop on Thursdays, March 17 & 24, 2022
- Host: Seattle’s School of Visual Concepts
- Session: Content Strategy Fundamentals Workshop
- Registration: Open to the public. The course fee is $325 USD. This normally sells out.
Confab: The Content Strategy Conference
Back by popular demand (like, seriously popular … I didn’t know workshop rooms could get that big!) I’ll be teaching my workshop on user-centered content planning at Confab this May. I don’t teach any methodologies in this workshop you can’t learn about somewhere else, but that’s not the point. What’s different is that I introduce the tools but also teach two simple, useful frameworks that will help you figure out which tools to apply when (or identify when it’s time to build something yourself).
- Where: Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.
- When: Tuesday, May 10, 2022
- Host: Confab: The Content Strategy Conference
- Session: User-Centered Content Strategy workshop
- Registration: My session is part of the “Intensive Workshops” day, and requires the conference + workshops registration at $2,295 USD. If you just want to hang with me at Confab, the main program tickets are $1,795.
UX Lisbon (UXLx)
Couldn’t be feeling luckier to get the opportunity to visit beautiful Lisbon, join an incredibly-cool line-up of international speakers, and spend a half-day talking about one of my favorite things: how to get the writing done.
- Where: Lisbon, Portugal
- When: Wednesday, May 25, 2022
- Host: UX Lisbon
- Session: How to Get the UX Writing Done workshop
- Registration: This conference has several registration options. The 2 Workshops + Talks ticket type would give you the chance to attend my session, one other, and a day of great talks starting at 895€+VAT.
Content Strategy Seattle Meetup
I’ll be joining the Content Strategy Seattle crew for a free, online meetup event on June 15. Details TBA!
I make complex design, content, and strategy topics more accessible and actionable to audiences in every industry. If your company or event could use a little of my frenetic energy, plainspoken approach, refreshingly charming hand-drawn slides, and bullshit-free insights, drop me a line.
I offer my enduring gratitude to the larger design and content fields for continuing to make room for my queer little voice, spicy as it can be sometimes. Hope to see you out there, friends. Let’s get a drink.