UX Content Career 1-on-1 with Scott Kubie
“Scott is a friendly and welcoming facilitator who really knows his stuff. He’s honest and engaging with a genuine desire to meet people where they are to provide guidance and wisdom.”Meg, UX Writer
“Scott is funny, friendly, and full of knowledge about everything content and UX.”Mindy, Content Designer
About the Session
The time is yours to direct. Typically, we cover:
- What’s Going On – Capture a useful overview of what’s actually happening right now in your content career. Applying for new jobs? Just looking? Doing interviews? What pieces are you actively working on, e.g. portfolio or website? Are you taking or thinking about taking any courses and trainings? … That kind of thing.
- Skills and Growth – What do you feel is missing in your skillset? What are you thinking about leaning on as you market yourself as a job candidate?
- Industry Landscape – What’s been challenging about finding your path? What are you excited about? Where are you running into roadblocks? Any questions about leveling, career paths, job titles?
- Career Goals – What do you want more of or less of in your next role? Are there any milestones you’re striving toward or thinking about making part of your plan? What kind of team or organization do you want to work with?
- What’s Next? – What do you feel like you have on your to-do list? What should actually be on your to-do list? What is the most important task, goal, or activity to be focused on next?
And of course, you can ask me anything you’d like about UX content roles, jobs, and careers.
Schedule now. The session itself is 75 minutes. You’ll also receive an onboarding email with some recommended resources, a brief survey to complete, and a bit of pre-work to get a head start. You can book immediately from available times and pay with a credit card. If you need billing assistance or to arrange an alternate payment type, please contact me.
Who is this for?
Anyone who’s feeling a little stuck, stalled, stymied, or otherwise struggling to make a plan and move forward in their UX career — and who’s interested in what I have to share. Because of my background and network, I have a lot of experience working with writerly sorts of folks — people who might be more comfortable using Word than Photoshop — but I’ve also done my share of general UX and IA work and can speak to some broader industry considerations.
What is UX content?
I use the term “UX content” as an umbrella for the wide world of content strategy, content operations, UX writing, content design, information architecture, and similar. You can read more about many of these topics here on my site.
Is this only for people who are trying to get a job at a new company?
No. I often work with content-minded folks who feel a bit lonely or under-supported in design, product, and/or marketing heavy company cultures.
Do you offer ongoing individual career coaching and mentoring?
A bit. These 1-on-1 sessions are the place to start. If I think we’re a good match, and you have interest, I’ll be happy to send you information about my coaching packages. I can also recommend other coaches (and programs) who might be a better fit once we’ve completed our session.
Invest in yourself.
Design is hard. Content is hard. Careers are hard. And sorting out all the couldas, wouldas, shouldas and oughtta-do’s of a career in UX content is really, really hard. Let’s figure out what we can do to make it a little easier.